© KMultra. All rights reserved.
You must be 18 years of age or older, per Minnesota regulations, to be tattooed and proof age is required. The only acceptable forms of identifications are:
-valid state issued driver’s license or ID card
-valid military ID
-resident alien cardWe operate by appointment only. Appointments and consultations are preferred to be done electronically, as we are extremely busy when we are in studio. Design ideas and reference materials are required before the time of your appointment. Children are not allowed in the studio and we strongly request you limit people accompanying you to your appointment.
If bandaged, remove after 1 hour. Wash with warm, soapy water and bare hand. No need to re-bandage.
Apply ointment (Bacitracin, Tattoo Goo or a triple anti-biotic) 3 - 5 times daily until healed (approx. 7 - 14 days). The reason you are applying ointment is to prevent your tattoo from drying out or scabbing.
Clean your tattoo daily with bare hand and warm, soapy water, rinse soap off well. This works best while showering, although avoid direct shower spray. Do not soak your tattoo in any type of water including hot tubs, bath tubs, swimming pools, lakes or saunas. If your tattoo is in an area that you regularly shave, avoid doing so for at least 2 - 3 weeks.
No direct exposure to sunlight or tanning beds while tattoo is healing. After tattoo is completely healed use a high spf sunblock any time it will be exposed to uv rays to prevent tattoo damage: fading, blurring, etc.
Do not pick or scratch tattoo while it is healing.
Toward the end of the healing process your tattoo may "peel" (colored flakes coming off), this is normal. Do not help the flakes off.
Consult a health care professional at first sign of infection. Signs of infection may or may not include: redness, pain and tenderness, swelling, and warmth of affected area. These signs may or may not also be a normal reaction to having your body tattooed.
Only a medical professional can determine if you have an infection.
Piercings are done by appointment only.
Valid ID required for all piercings.Minors must be at least 13 of age and need to provide ALL of the following:
-a parent or legal guardian (present during the entire procedure) with a valid ID
-valid legal ID or school ID with photoForms of ID accepted:
-valid state issued driver’s license or ID card
-valid military ID
-resident alien cardNostril $65
Nipple $65 each
Lobe $30 each
Jewelry Assistance $10All prices include jewelry & are subject to change without notice
NEVER USE ALCOHOL OR PEROXIDE!What Is Normal:
· Initially you may experience localized bleeding, swelling, bruising and tenderness.
· During healing you may experience discoloration, itching, secretion of a whitish/yellowish fluid (this is not pus) that will form crust on the jewelry.
· A piercing may seem healed before healing is complete, this is because piercings heal from the outside in. Keep cleaning throughout the entire healing process.
· Healed piercings can shrink or close in minutes, even after having been there for years.What to Avoid:
· Avoid friction from clothing, excessive motion of area, playing with the piercing and vigorous cleaning.
· Avoid over cleaning.
· Avoid all oral contact, rough contact, rough play and contact with other’s bodily fluids on or near your piercing during healing.
· Avoid stress and recreational drug use, including excessive caffeine, nicotine and alcohol.
· Avoid submerging the piercing in hot tubs, swimming pools or lakes.
· Avoid ALL beauty and personal care products on or around your piercing until healed.Tips:
· Unless there is a problem with your jewelry’s size or material, leave it in place for the entire healing time.
· Stay healthy. Get enough sleep, eat right and it will be easier for your piercing to heal.
· Make sure your bedding is kept clean and changed regularly.
· Leave your jewelry in at all times.
· Carry spare jewelry in case of loss or breakage. Acrylic jewelry can and will break and jewels get lost.
· DO NOT let anyone touch your piercing for ANY reason.
· If you are changing your jewelry make sure the jewelry is CLEAN.
· Only put quality jewelry in your body. Do not use sterling silver.
Consult a health care professional at first sign of infection. Signs of infection may or may not include: redness, pain and tenderness, swelling, and warmth of affected area. These signs may or may not also be a normal reaction to having your body pierced.Acceptable Cleaning Solutions:
· Anti-Bacterial Soap & Water
· Sea Salt & Water
· Diluted Mouthwash (For Oral Piercings)
· DO NOT Use Alcohol or PeroxideCleaning Instructions:
· Wash your hands thoroughly prior to cleaning or touching your piercing for any reason.
· Clean twice daily with cleaning solution.
· Remove any “crusties”.
· Move jewelry back and forth through piercing.
· Be sure to rinse all soap from piercing.
· Pat dry with disposable paper products. (Cloth towels are more likely to harbor bacteria)Navels:
Healing Time: 8 -12 Months
· Navel piercings are highly prone to jewelry migration, especially when large or dangly jewelry is worn.
· Navel piercings are more prone to infection due to the fact they can take 8 – 12 months to heal.
· Certain body types tend to have more problems with navel piercings.Tongues/Lip/Labret/Monroe:
Healing Time: 4 -8 Weeks
· Swish with a mixture of 50% mouthwash and 50% water; spit it out, after eating drinking, smoking and putting anything else in your mouth for 7 days.
· You will experience a lot of swelling for 2 – 5 days. Sucking on ice constantly will help. After swelling goes down (approx. 7 -10 days) you may want to change to a shorter barbell.
· Avoid any kind of sexual contact for at least 30 days.
· Avoid beer, yogurt and things that contain live yeast for 2 weeks.Nostrils:
Healing Time: 2 -12 Months
· Do not pick at scabs, this can cause lumps and cause infection.
· Do not get makeup, cleansers, sun tan lotion, or hairspray directly on piercing.
· Jewels in nose jewelry are likely to fall out.
· Do not touch this piercing throughout the day (only at cleaning times).Nipples:
Healing Time: 6 – 8 Months
· The support of a tight cotton shirt or bra may provide protection and comfort, especially during sleep.
· Avoid touching and/or any oral contact for 8 weeks.
· Nipple piercings are highly prone to jewelry migration, especially when large jewelry is worn.
· Nipple piercings are more prone to infection due to the fact they can take 6 – 8 months to heal.
· Certain body types tend to have more problems with nipple piercings.Ears:
Healing Time: 2 – 6 Months
· Ear cartilage is susceptible to keloids. If left alone they are likely to go away over time.
· Do not get makeup, cleansers, suntan lotion, or hairspray directly on piercing.Eyebrows:
Healing Time: 4 – 6 Months
· Do not get makeup, cleansers, suntan lotion, or hairspray directly on piercing.Please contact us with any questions!
Kelli, owner/artist, established Prizm Tattoo in 1997 in the small town of Mora, Minnesota. At that time, there were few tattoo shops and even fewer female artists and it was very rare for a female to own a tattoo shop. It was an exciting venture to start and now, more then two decades later the fun still continues! Terri, artist/piercer, joined the team in 2005 and is an awesome asset to the shop. Kelli & Terri are well rounded as artists and do anything from small tattoos to cover ups to very large scale work. They also are very customer-orientated and are aware that listening and advising a client is the first step to a good tattoo. The shop has a very relaxed atmosphere and is welcoming to everyone.Appointments are required and same day appointments can be accommodated at times.
125 E Forest Ave, Suite 3
Mora, MN 55051320-679-2100PrizmTattoo@yahoo.comFind us on Facebook!